What Is Beauty?
A beauty therapist is a professionally trained face and body care expert. They can be certified to deliver a wide range of treatments, or they can choose to specialise in certain areas like massage, facials, or waxing. Whatever treatments they deliver, a beauty therapist must have a complete understanding of each treatment’s effect on the skin and body, including a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology behind the treatments that are involved.
The bond between a beauty therapist and their client is special: there’s a lot of trust involved, so it’s important that the beauty therapist has the social skills to put their client at ease from the moment the session begins to the moment it ends. Beauty therapy isn’t just about making the client look fabulous on the outside, it’s about making them feel good on the inside too.
The VTCT Level 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy is a qualification that has been specifically designed to introduce you to practical beauty therapy skills. Learners will have their beauty therapy skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
- Introduction to the Hair and Beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in the salon Assisting with facial skincare services
- Assisting in skincare
- Assisting with day make-up services
- Assisting with nail services
- Nail Art
- Assisting in photographic make-up and creating images
- Themed face painting
- Preparing and maintaining the salon treatment work areas
- Effective working with clients and colleagues
- Health and Safety in the workplace
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Studies course aims to give all learners the relevant and main practical skills that are needed to work within the beauty therapy industry. The course will help learners seek employment in both the beauty and Spa industry and all the things covered in this course relate directly to the general job description of a junior beauty therapist. Some of the main things that learners will be taught are outlined below.
- Provide Manicure treatments
- Provide Pedicure treatments
- Provide Nail Art treatments
- Provide Facial skincare
- Apply Make-Up
- Follow Health and Safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in Beauty related industries
- Remove Hair using waxing techniques
- Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow treatments
I LIKE TO…
Be as creative as possible! Relax by drawing or doodling pictures. Be artistic! Try out new ideas through creating things. Learn new techniques of art and design. Make things with my hands. Try to be a better artist.
I WILL BE…
Learning something new each week. Trying lots of different art styles while exploring what my favourite artists are. Making a portfolio of art pieces that can exhibited or shown to employers.
An increased sense of confidence to explore and be creative myself. Accredited, nationally-recognised qualification in creative craft. A wide range of art skills within many different styles. The potential to go on to study further art and design courses.